Re: delete line III + remebering commands

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2003
      Payal Rathod <payal-vim@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > There are two problesm I am having now,
      >
      > 1. How to assign a shortcut key like F5 to these command like :,$-4d
      > ?
      >
      > 2. On one machine with,
      > VIM - Vi IMproved 6.1
      > I cannot get this vim to remember the commands that I typed
      > previously.
      > I mean on my Linux vim I can get it to remember many commands even if
      > I logout and login again.
      > How can I do it on this machine? I have user level account with no
      > root access. Something like doskey...remembering previous commands.
      >
      > Thanks and bye.
      > -Payal

      1. see :help :map

      2. see :help 'viminfo'

      HTH,
      Tony.
    • Klaus Bosau
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2003
        On Sat, 31 May 2003, Payal Rathod wrote:

        > Hi, There are two problesm I am having now,
        >
        > 1. How to assign a shortcut key like F5 to these command like :,$-4d
        > ?

        nn <F5> :.,$-4 d<Cr>

        > 2. On one machine with, VIM - Vi IMproved 6.1 I cannot get this vim
        > to remember the commands that I typed previously.

        set history=500

        (Maybe...)

        HTH

        Klaus
      • Payal Rathod
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2003
          On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 07:50:17AM +0200, Klaus Bosau wrote:
          > On Sat, 31 May 2003, Payal Rathod wrote:
          >
          > > Hi, There are two problesm I am having now,
          > >
          > > 1. How to assign a shortcut key like F5 to these command like :,$-4d
          > > ?
          >
          > nn <F5> :.,$-4 d<Cr>
          >
          > > 2. On one machine with, VIM - Vi IMproved 6.1 I cannot get this vim
          > > to remember the commands that I typed previously.
          >
          > set history=500

          Thanks a lot all for the help. Also I read a few sections on map.
          It is working well now.
          Thanks and bye.

          -Payal

          --
          For GNU/Linux Success Stories and Articles visit:
          http://payal.staticky.com