preventing the loading of a plugin for a filetype

  • Rajarshi Guha
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2003
      I usually use vimpsell.vim for spellchecking my LaTeX docs. However it
      seems to hang and eat up my processor when I load an HTML document. Is
      there any way to specify that a plugin should not be loaded for a
      certain filetype? Alternatively is there any way to tell vimspell not to
      try and check anHTML odcument

      Thanks,

      Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi@...> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
      GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE
      Q: What do you get when you cross a mosquito with a mountain climber?
      A: Nothing. You can't cross a vector with a scaler.
    • Charles E. Campbell
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2003
        On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 11:26:44AM -0400, Rajarshi Guha wrote:
        > I usually use vimpsell.vim for spellchecking my LaTeX docs. However it
        > seems to hang and eat up my processor when I load an HTML document. Is
        > there any way to specify that a plugin should not be loaded for a
        > certain filetype?

        No, not really. You could move it to another directory under .vim
        that goes unused by vim (say, .vim/extras) and set up some command
        to source it on demand.

        Even better, IMHO :), switch to engspchk!

        It uses deferred-loading, so as a plugin all it does is load a little
        bit necessary to fully load it, on the user's demand (\ec). There are
        variants that work with English (of course), Spanish, French, German,
        Yiddish, Dutch, Galician, and Polish. You get Click'N'Fix
        and alternate-spellings with engspchk+agrep.

        Besides, I wrote it! ;)

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell

        --