Re: noremap + function call question

  • Luc Hermitte
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2003
      Hello,
      * On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 02:35:31PM +0300, Yakov Lerner <yakov.lerner@...> wrote:
      > When I call a function in 'noremap', like this:
      > :noremap ;; :call Foo()<cr>
      >
      > , is remapping also suppressed for things invoked inside the function ?

      No. If you execute a ':normal', things will get expanded -- very easy
      to check by yourself. You have to use ':normal!' to prevent that.

      > (2) is remapping suppressed only for ';;', of for all other existing
      > mappings ?

      ??

      If you map '::' to ';;', hitting '::' will execute Foo().
      The `noremap' means that if you have, for instance, remapped ':', then
      this mapping will be ignored when you hit ';;'.

      HTH,

      --
      Luc Hermitte
      http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/