Disabling External Command Execution

  • Roy S. Rapoport
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
      I searched the FAQ and the mailing list archives, though perhaps missed it...

      I want to build vim from source (on Solaris, if it matters) but I want to
      disable external command execution (':!'). Heck, if there was a general way
      to muck with the commands (e.g. disable ':r'), even better.

      Any pointers to this? Is this something that can be done in a well-supported
      way, or do I need to hand-modify the source?

      -roy
    • Gary Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
        On 2003-04-30, "Roy S. Rapoport" <vim@...> wrote:
        > I searched the FAQ and the mailing list archives, though perhaps missed it...
        >
        > I want to build vim from source (on Solaris, if it matters) but I want to
        > disable external command execution (':!'). Heck, if there was a general way
        > to muck with the commands (e.g. disable ':r'), even better.
        >
        > Any pointers to this? Is this something that can be done in a well-supported
        > way, or do I need to hand-modify the source?

        It looks like

        :help restricted-mode
        :help rvim

        may do what you want.

        HTH,
        Gary

        --
        Gary Johnson | Agilent Technologies
        garyjohn@... | Wireless Division
        | Spokane, Washington, USA
      • Roy S. Rapoport
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2003
          On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:14:25PM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:
          > > I want to build vim from source (on Solaris, if it matters) but I want to
          > > disable external command execution (':!'). Heck, if there was a general way
          > > to muck with the commands (e.g. disable ':r'), even better.
          [...]
          > :help restricted-mode
          > :help rvim
          >
          > may do what you want.