Some combinations of keys don't work in Win32 console version.

  • Pavel A.Papushev
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2003
      Hi!

      I posted this question a week ago, but haven't got any answer.
      Please, help to explain following strange behaviour:
      I installed Win32 console version from recently downloaded vim61w32.zip
      and vim61rt.zip. When I press one of the following key combinations, I
      get the strange characters on the screen:
      (in a form "I've pressed" -> "I see")

      Alt + any function key -> one pseudo-graphic char.+one letter
      Ctrl + any function key -> one pseudo-graphic char.+one letter
      Ctrl + any keypad digit -> one pseudo-graphic char.+one letter
      Alt + any keypad digit -> two pseudo-graphic char.
      Alt+Shift+any keypad digit(exept 5) -> two pseudo-graphic char. (Win2K)
      -> A (Win98)
      Alt+Shift+keypad 5 -> A
      Alt+Shift+any function key -> A
      Ctrl+Alt+any function key -> nothing
      Ctrl+Shift+any function key -> nothing

      (NumLock is switched on).

      Mappings for insert mode don't change the situation. For example, all this
      mappings DON'T WORK:

      :imap <C-F1> hi!
      :imap <A-F1> hi!
      :imap <C-k1> hi!
      :imap <A-S-k1> hi!
      :imap <A-S-F1> hi!

      and inserted characters are the same as before.
      All other console applications work fine.

      Thanks in advance!

      Pavel. ;))
    • Sergey Aranovsky
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2003
        Hi!

        From: "Pavel A.Papushev" <ppa-nsu@...>
        [snip]

        > Mappings for insert mode don't change the situation. For example, all this
        > mappings DON'T WORK:
        >
        > :imap <C-F1> hi!
        > :imap <A-F1> hi!
        > :imap <C-k1> hi!
        > :imap <A-S-k1> hi!
        > :imap <A-S-F1> hi!
        >
        > and inserted characters are the same as before.

        Pavel, imap does work.

        Instead of typing "<C-F1>" just press <Ctrl-V> and then desired
        key combination. This works for me.

        Best Regards,
        -Sergei Aranovsky
      • Pavel A.Papushev
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20, 2003
          Hi!

          Sunday, April 20, 2003, 10:51:16 PM, you wrote:

          >> Mappings for insert mode don't change the situation. For example, all this
          >> mappings DON'T WORK:
          >>
          >> :imap <C-F1> hi!
          >> :imap <A-F1> hi!
          >> :imap <C-k1> hi!
          >> :imap <A-S-k1> hi!
          >> :imap <A-S-F1> hi!

          SA> Pavel, imap does work.
          SA> Instead of typing "<C-F1>" just press <Ctrl-V> and then desired
          SA> key combination. This works for me.

          Sergey, thank you for the response! But I don't understand that you
          mean. I think, you say about <C-Q> - "insert character literally" (<C-V> is
          'paste' in Windows behaviour). I have written
          :imap <C-F1> hi!
          But when I press <C-F1> I see a pseudo-graphic character (cross) and ^
          instead of 'hi!'. When I press <C-Q><C-F1> I see the same.
          It's strange, that after pressing, for instance, <C-F2>, and there
          is no mapping to it, I see sequence of characters '<C-F2>' in the GUI but
          not in the console.

          Pavel :)