Re: displaying end of line symbol

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2003
      From: "Piet Delport" <pjd@...>
      To: <vim@...>
      Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 6:54 PM
      Subject: Re: displaying end of line symbol

      On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 at 11:30:14 +0200, Michael Naumann wrote:
      > On Thursday 03 April 2003 10:44, Nagyon Álmos wrote:

      [...]
      >> And possibly with the pilcrow symbol
      >> (postscript sign name, 00B6, or, if you speak Tex, \P ).

      [...]
      >> So how can I achieve this?
      >
      > :set lcs=eol:<C-V>xb6
      ^^^^^^^^
      Instead of this, you can also use the PI digraph[1]. Along with being
      more memorable, it'll work regardless of whether the current encoding
      actually maps 0xB6 to "¶".

      [1] by typing <C-K>PI

      --
      Piet Delport
      Today's subliminal thought is:

      ----- end original message -----

      Note: The above works in single-byte encodings but not in UTF-8, because the
      end-of-line symbol *must* be a single byte in the current encoding. In UTF-8
      something else, for instance the "$" default, must be used.

      Tony.
    • Antoine J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2003
        Antoine J. Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
> [...]

        P.S. And if you don't want tabs reduced to "^I" (two blue characters) be
        sure to also set the "tab" suboption, like this:

        :set listchars=tab:\ \ ,eol:¶

        HTH,
        Tony.
      • Nagyon Álmos
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2003

          > P.S. And if you don't want tabs reduced to "^I" (two blue characters) be
          >
          > sure to also set the "tab" suboption, like this:
          > :set listchars=tab:\ \ ,eol:¶

          Thank you all for the quick replies.
          The solution is perfect. :-)))

          Á.