Re: inverse search under windows(once again)

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
      The message size limit for the Vim maillist is 50 Kbyte, but it's not
      enforced. This message was almost 2 Mbyte!

      Looks like we need to enforce the size limit to avoid this. I suppose a
      message of up to 100 Kbyte is acceptable.

      --
      CONCORDE: Message for you, sir.
      He falls forward revealing the arrow with the note.

    • Aschwin Marsman
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
        On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > The message size limit for the Vim maillist is 50 Kbyte, but it's not
        > enforced. This message was almost 2 Mbyte!
        >
        > Looks like we need to enforce the size limit to avoid this. I suppose a
        > message of up to 100 Kbyte is acceptable.

        I agree with you, if a larger size is needed, you can point to a web site
        in your email.

        Kind regards,

        Aschwin Marsman

        --
        aYniK Software Solutions all You need is Knowledge
        Bedrijvenpark Twente 305 NL-7602 KL Almelo - the Netherlands
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
          On 02 Apr 2003, Baris Erbas wrote:

          > Dear Benji,
          > I have copied a tip of yours from vim's site. I have been
          > trying to use inverse search and have written about this a
          > couple of times but couldnt solve my problem.
          > I have gvim6.1 installed on my work machine using Win XP. I
          > want to use gvim to edit latex files and be able to use
          > inverse search via YAP! I installed also the latex-suite
          > plugin which seems to work fine. I start gvim with as gvim
          > --servername GVIM and in YAP's inverse search command line I put
          > C:\Program Files\vim\vim61\gvim.exe --remote +%l %f
          >
          > When I double click on a line under YAP I goto the already
          > opened gvim but it tries to open the directory names where my
          > file resides. I am attaching a picture where you can see my
          > buffers menu after I tried inverse search. CAn you possibly
          > tell me what the problem maybe?
          >
          > thx alot for your time
          >
          > cheers

          Did you really mean to post a 1.8M attachment to this list?!

          AC

          --
          ac@... || http://www.acampbell.org.uk
          using Linux GNU/Debian || for book reviews, electronic
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
            On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 02:10:36PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > Looks like we need to enforce the size limit to avoid this. I suppose a
            > message of up to 100 Kbyte is acceptable.

            That's what I set on mine. It works well and the only ppl to complain
            are prats who want to send large images through it.

            --
            "Other countries of course, bear the same risk. But there's no doubt his
            hatred is mainly directed at us. After all this is the guy who tried to
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
              Baris Erbas wrote:

              > Dear Benji,
              > I have copied a tip of yours from vim's site. I have been
              > trying to use inverse search and have written about this a
              > couple of times but couldnt solve my problem.
              > I have gvim6.1 installed on my work machine using Win XP. I
              > want to use gvim to edit latex files and be able to use
              > inverse search via YAP! I installed also the latex-suite
              > plugin which seems to work fine. I start gvim with as gvim
              > --servername GVIM and in YAP's inverse search command line I put
              > C:\Program Files\vim\vim61\gvim.exe --remote +%l %f
              >
              > When I double click on a line under YAP I goto the already
              > opened gvim but it tries to open the directory names where my
              > file resides. I am attaching a picture where you can see my
              > buffers menu after I tried inverse search. CAn you possibly
              > tell me what the problem maybe?

              What happens if you try the command

              > C:\Program Files\vim\vim61\gvim.exe --remote +1353 c:\path\to\foo.tex

              from a shell?

              --Benji Fisher