Re: alternate buffers

  • Dan Sharp
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
      Russell Shaw wrote:
      > Michael P. Soulier wrote:
      >
      >> On 28/03/03 Benji Fisher did speaketh:
      >>

      >>> It works for me. Can you give a more explicit recipe for
      >>> reproducing the problem? What is your OS and version of vim?
      >>

      >> *sigh* I can't get it to happen at the moment. I'll try it tomorrow
      >> when I'm back at work, which is where it happened.
      >

      > gvim
      > :e. // select file1
      > :e. // select file2
      > :ls // the buffer list shows there is no alternate file

      The file explorer is what is messing you up. When you do e. and then
      select a file, the alternate buffer is the file explorer buffer. If you
      do :ls! you will see the file explorer buffer marked as the alternate
      buffer, but also marked as 'unlisted', which is why it doesn't show up
      under normal :ls .

      Dan Sharp