Re: special characters

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31 5:54 PM
      Ed Turbin <eturbin@...> wrote:
      > I inserted an .html file in a vim document and it now contains Â
      > characters. How can I get rid of these?

      See
      :help :substitute
      :help :digraph

      Depending on what you mean by "get rid of" you may want to replace
      "ampersand A c i r c semicolon" by Â, or by A, or  by A. If you don't have
      Â on your keyboard, but your 'encoding' (q.v.) knows about it, you can enter
      it by the digraph method, by actuating (in Insert mode) the three keys
      Ctrl-K, A and > in that order.

      HTH,