Slightly OT: Need Printer Utility

  • ed.krall@gdds.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2003
      Hello vimmers,

      Forgive me if this shows up twice in your mailbox. Our email system
      here is in transition.

      A while back someone posted a message here asking for suggestions for
      a print utility for text files. Someone else responded with a
      recommendation for Printfile32. I tried it myself and have found it
      very useful ... until now.

      I tried using Printfile32 v2.1.5 to print a text file with a VIM
      example of sorting a file. It contains this line:

      :%! sort

      I asked Printfile32 to print with a frame around the text, at 72 lines
      per page. Unfortunately, Printfile32 seems to treat the :%! as an
      escape. My workaround is to put spaces in the trigraph: : % ! sort

      My questions are
      - has anyone else seen this behavior?
      - is there a configuration setting that I am overlooking?
      - is there an alternative print utility with a comparable amount of functionality (but without
      this strange behavior)?

      __
      Ed