Re: runaway vim processes

  • Daniel Elstner
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 3, 2003
      Hey,

      I found some interesting information on the issue. This Debian bug
      report explains what's going on:

      http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2002/debian-glibc-200212/msg00347.html

      As mentioned in the mail, the problem with coroutines also applies to
      sigaltstack(). There seems to be only one way around the problem:
      simply don't use sigaltstack().

      The attached patch disables the alternative stack if compiling on Linux
      with pthreads, except for SIGSEGV. This is AFAIK the only signal for
      which the alternative stack is really necessary. Thus there shouldn't
      be a regression in functionality when switching to fixed-up pthreads
      some day.

      Regards,
      --Daniel