Re: MDK 8.2 compilation errors -- missing headers

  • Jeffery Cann
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2003
      On Friday 28 February 2003 06:52 am, Jeffery Cann wrote:
      > One other (final?) question. During the final linking of vim (gcc
      > -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o vim), I received a single undefined
      > reference:
      >
      > objects/buffer.o: In function `buf_signcount':
      > /usr/src/vim-6.1.263/src/buffer.c:4529: undefined reference to
      > `sign_get_image'
      > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      >
      > Any quick suggestions on this? I can research it more later today (must
      > leave for work!).

      As a follow-up for future readers, I had to add the following to the
      auto/config.h to get this to work:

      #define FEAT_SIGN_ICONS 1

      Then do a 'make clean' and 'make' and it will build. Thanks to Bram for the
      pointer to ex_cmds.c which contains the sign_get_image() function.

      Jeff

      --
      planet earth (tm)
      http://jefferycann.com/