Re: :make % for tex-files

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
      Benji Fisher wrote:
      > c.lina@... wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > when I compile a tex-file, e.g. Trans.tex from within vim with :make
      > % and
      > > then hit ENTER as I am asked by "Hit EENTER or type command to
      > continue" the
      > > file Trans.aux is diplayed in the vim window. What is strange is that
      > this
      > > doesn't happen with another file, say test.tex. Here I return to
      > test.tex
      > > after hitting ENTER, as I would like to.
      > >
      > > Any hints why one file behaves as I want to and the other doesn't?
      >
      > Are you in the directory of the file you are editing in both cases?
      >
      > :pwd
      >
      > What are you using to compile?
      >
      > :set makeprg?

      > makeprg=latex \\nonstopmode \\input\{*\}
      >

      > The tex-file is compiled correctly.
      > I think a multiply defined label is to blame. In the quickfix window the line
      >
      > ./Trans.aux|| Label `eq:34' multiply defined.
      >
      > is highlighted. All other lines start either with || or the filename.
      > And that's the reason why this behaviour did not occure when I copy and pasted the contents of the file to another one and compiled it for the first time, because there the .aux file which contains the informations about labels and so on did not yet exist.
      > Having deleted one of the doubly defined label everything worked again as I wanted it to.
      >
      > Is there a way to avoid this behaviour?

      It looks as though you are using LaTeX suite, so I am forwarding this to
      the vim-latex mailing list. I am not sure whether this is the intended
      behavior. If the only error in your file is a multiply-defined label (or,
      presumably, something else that tex finds in your .aux file) then LaTeX suite
      seems to take you there.

      HTH --Benji Fisher