Latex Folding

  • Trevor Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
      Hello, I am having a problem getting folding to work for latex documents
      with vim 6.1. The syntax file tex.vim seems to contain instructions for
      folding, but when I open a latex document and set foldmethod=syntax, I
      cannot fold anything. What am I doing wrong?

      --Trevor
    • Charles E. Campbell
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2003
        On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 01:00:49PM -0800, Trevor Wilson wrote:
        > Hello, I am having a problem getting folding to work for latex documents
        > with vim 6.1. The syntax file tex.vim seems to contain instructions for
        > folding, but when I open a latex document and set foldmethod=syntax, I
        > cannot fold anything. What am I doing wrong?

        At the request of other <tex.vim> users who found that the folding hints
        I'd installed into <tex.vim> interfered with what they wanted, future
        <tex.vim> releases will no longer have the "fold" keyword used. Just
        thought I'd let you know before you depended on it...

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell

        --
        Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD _ __ __