Re: nested autocommand question

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1 12:46 PM
      Hari Krishna Dara wrote:

      > > This event happens at an unpredictable moment (e.g., when gaining
      > > focus). I am very careful and want to discourage people to do something
      > > here. Adding more events gives a wrong idea.
      > >
      > > The above solution to trigger autocommands when loading the buffer
      > > should be sufficient in most situations.
      >
      > I just want to confirm this. So is the :doautocmd on FileChangedShell
      > going to be the recommended apprach for this? Will you be documenting
      > it?

      Well, this is quite specific. I don't really know where to add this
      remark in such a way that someone who needs it would actually find it.

      > Also, are you going to add some flag to FileChangedShell autocommand
      > that allows the default mechanism to continue to work even with the
      > autocommand defined? If not, I am going to keep the code that emulates
      > this behavior. If yes, I will have to throw it away (or make it
      > conditional to the version of Vim).

      I have no plans to change this. Only when there is a very good reason I
      would extend something in this area. It seems it's getting more
      complicated every time something is added.

      --
      Living on Earth includes an annual free trip around the Sun.