Re: doing several diffs successively

  • Todd Musall
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2003
      Alan,

      Try dirdiff.vim from the vim.org site. I use it all the time to diff
      multiple files/directories. It works great!

      -Todd

      On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 11:50, Alan Schmitt wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I am merging some code from a project that has forked, and I have
      > trouble editing several diff files. More precisely, here is what
      > happens:
      >
      > - I open gvim, diffsplit my first file, everything works fine
      > - I :e the next file, to diffsplit it, and the whole file is marked as
      > changed. I tried doing a :set nodiff before opening it again, to no
      > avail. The only solution I have found is quitting and restarting vim.
      >
      > Is there a more efficient solution for successively diffing several
      > files ?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Alan Schmitt
      >
      > --
      > The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.
    • Gary Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2003
        On 2003-03-01, Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I am merging some code from a project that has forked, and I have
        > trouble editing several diff files. More precisely, here is what
        > happens:
        >
        > - I open gvim, diffsplit my first file, everything works fine
        > - I :e the next file, to diffsplit it, and the whole file is marked as
        > changed. I tried doing a :set nodiff before opening it again, to no
        > avail. The only solution I have found is quitting and restarting vim.
        >
        > Is there a more efficient solution for successively diffing several
        > files ?

        Try executing

        :diffthis

        in the window containing the next file. Also, this may be overkill,
        but when my diff'd windows get out of sync, I execute

        :windo diffu

        and that seems to fix things.

        HTH,
        Gary