multiple copy

  • Payal Rathod
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1 4:45 AM
      Thanks for the mails. I *think* I got it cleared. Just confirming this.
      The comments besides each line indicate what I did.
      I have,

      $ vim sample.dat

      Line 1 # "ayy
      Line 2 # "bdd
      Line 3 # "cyy
      Line 4 # "myy
      Line 5
      Line 6

      So it means that now I have Line 1,2,3,4 in registers a,b,c,m
      respectively. Right?

      Now I go to Line 5 and do "dd" and similarly on Line 6. Which registers
      are now Line 5 and Line 6 copied into by default?

      Thanks a lot for all the help.
      With warm regards,
      -Payal

      --
      "Visit GNU/Linux Success Stories"
      www.geocities.com/rpayal99
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1 9:20 AM
        On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 06:15:40PM +0530, Payal Rathod wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Thanks for the mails. I *think* I got it cleared. Just confirming this.
        > The comments besides each line indicate what I did.
        > I have,
        >
        > $ vim sample.dat
        >
        > Line 1 # "ayy
        > Line 2 # "bdd
        > Line 3 # "cyy
        > Line 4 # "myy
        > Line 5
        > Line 6
        >
        > So it means that now I have Line 1,2,3,4 in registers a,b,c,m
        > respectively. Right?

        Yes.

        > Now I go to Line 5 and do "dd" and similarly on Line 6. Which registers
        > are now Line 5 and Line 6 copied into by default?

        Register '1' has the last delete (Line 6) and register '2' has the
        delete before that (Line 5).

        Ross