Re: highlight

  • Payal Rathod
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 1, 2003
      > :nn - :set hls!

      This did the trick. Thanks.
      So can I use :set nohls

      -Payal

      --
      "Visit GNU/Linux Success Stories"
      www.geocities.com/rpayal99
      Guest-Book Section Updated.
    • jcduell@lbl.gov
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 12, 2003
        On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:56:47AM +0100, Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:
        > jcduell@... wrote:
        > [...]
        > > I've never seen vim insert a literal '<S-Up>' when I do a Ctnl-V,
        > > then a right-arrow. Here's what I see for:
        > >
        > > right shift-right control-right alt-right
        > > Linux: ^[0C ^[02C ^[05C ^[0C
        > > OS X (X11): ^[[C ^[[2C ^[[5C ^[[C
        > > OS X (native): ^[[C ^[[C ^[[C n/a
        > >
        > > As I mentioned, I'm using vim inside an xterm in an X11 session on OS
        > > X, using the fink X11 server. If I use the 'terminal' program that
        > > comes with OS X (marked 'native' in the chart), I see the same chars
        > > for the right arrow, regardless of whether I'm also holding down
        > > Shift/Cntl (if I hold down alt, I don't get anything at all). I
        > > don't much care about getting my maps to work with the native
        > > terminal program, tbough.

        I've now discovered that if I set my TERM environment to 'xterm' (it was
        set to 'ansi' before), the shift arrow key mapping now work in vim under
        fink/X11. But now vim doesn't use color for syntax highlighting. It's
        odd--when I enter

        :echo &t_Co

        vim shows '16', which I would have thought would mean that it thinks its
        in a color terminal. Even more oddly, if I ssh to my Linux box from my
        OS X xterm, vim does use color. I guess I may have to ask on some OS X
        group to get an answer as to what's going on...

        Thanks for the help.

        --
        Jason Duell Future Technologies Group
        <jcduell@...> High Performance Computing Research Dept.