RE: follow up to UTF-8 conversion to ASCII

  • John Kilbourne (s)
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 27 11:19 AM
      From: Antoine J. Mechelynck [mailto:antoine.mechelynck@...]

      Before writing them, did you read them with :e ++enc=utf-8 {filename} ?
      After reading them and before writing, did you do :set fileencoding? to see
      what vim thought it was? and if yes, what did it answer? Did you look at my
      spcchars.txt in Textpad? And what did it say it was?
      You were right to point that out; I did not read the file with :e ++enc=utf8
      NAME; I just opened and then applied ++enc=utf8 NAME . Reading it in first
      in that way does what I wanted.
      Thank you for your help in this