Re: Duplicate mappings of keys

  • Fabio S.
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2003
      > On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 at 13:26:16 +0100, Fabio S. wrote:
      > >
      > > I have the following mapping for a key:
      > >
      > > map <F6> :!dvips `basename % .tex`&
      >
      > You can mostly achieve the effect of basename from within Vim:
      >
      > nnoremap <F6> :!dvips %:t:r &
      >
      > See :h filename-modifiers for more.

      This is much more cleaner thanks (and thanks also to Stefan who first
      replied)

      > Is the missing <CR> at the end intentional?

      Yes, it is. The same way as missing "silent" is: since is not so boring to
      hit a key, I want to avoid unintentional printings...

      > > imap <F6> <C-O><F6>
      > >
      > > but it doesn't work (I suspected this, I don't know why... :-((
      >
      > Werd. I can't think of any reason why this doesn't work as expected.
      > (And it should; i use the same technique for several of my own
      > mappings.)

      Well, to be honest, I solved the problem: it was a misspelling in what I
      put in the .vimrc! In any case, thank you: your assurance forced me to
      carefully check what I wrote!!!

      Regards

      Fabio