disapppearing files on NFS volumes

  • Doug Poland
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2003
      Hello,

      I'm using various versions of vim 6.x and am seeing files disappearing
      on NFS mounted volumes. It doesn't happen all the time but this is what
      I've been seeing...

      cd /nfsmounted/mydir/mywork
      vim myfile

      :w

      When I write the file, it tells me how many lines and characters were
      written. If I quit immediately,

      :q

      the file is GONE! If I were to write again,

      :w

      vim tells me, "myvile [New] xxL, xxxC written". So it's obviously
      creating a new file at this point.

      Does anyone know what's going on here? Because it is intermittent it's
      difficult to narrow this down more than I have already. Thanks for your
      consideration and help.

      Doug