Re: the grave character

  • Naveen Chandra
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
      > Hi,
      > I am using a turkish keyboard on a RedHat 8.0 system. I cannot get the
      > grave character (the one looks like the single left quotation
      > character) and it is vital to me. Does anybody know how to get it or
      > define a keymap under vim (since I only need it for vim)? It is the
      > character on the left of 1 on a UK or US keyboard.

      I suppose you are looking for (`) char.
      you can type this char in insert-mode with
      CTRL-K '!

      read :help 'digraph' and see :digraphs

      hth
      -ncr

      --
      Calvin: But Calvin is no kind and loving god! He's one of the
      old gods! He demands sacrifice!

      ---o0o---

      Naveen Chandra R
      Validation Technologies Group, PNP,
      Sun Microsystems,
      Bangalore, India.

      Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/ncr_10/
      Ph: 91-80-2298989, ext:27461

      ---o0o---
    • Baris Erbas
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
        yes thats what I was looking for..

        thx a lot

        On Monday 03 February 2003 12:35, you wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > > I am using a turkish keyboard on a RedHat 8.0 system. I cannot
        > > get the grave character (the one looks like the single left
        > > quotation character) and it is vital to me. Does anybody know
        > > how to get it or define a keymap under vim (since I only need it
        > > for vim)? It is the character on the left of 1 on a UK or US
        > > keyboard.
        >
        > I suppose you are looking for (`) char.
        > you can type this char in insert-mode with
        > CTRL-K '!
        >
        > read :help 'digraph' and see :digraphs
        >
        > hth
        > -ncr
      • Mikolaj Machowski
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
          On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 11:51:28AM +0200, Baris Erbas wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I am using a turkish keyboard on a RedHat 8.0 system. I cannot get the
          > grave character (the one looks like the single left quotation
          > character) and it is vital to me. Does anybody know how to get it or
          > define a keymap under vim (since I only need it for vim)? It is the
          > character on the left of 1 on a UK or US keyboard.

          Look through list produced by :digraph command.

          m.