Re: Syntax Question

  • Piet Delport
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
      On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 at 15:08:06 -0500, Geoffrey Mann wrote:
      > Piet,
      > Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, all 4 of the below lines give me the same response for the below text.
      > 1) syn region sasProcGplot start=/proc/ skipwhite end=/gplot/
      > 2) syn region sasProcGplot start=/proc/ skip=/\_s\+/ end=/gplot/
      > 3) syn region sasProcGplot start=/proc/ skip=/\_s/ end=/gplot/
      > 4) syn region sasProcGplot start=/proc/ end=/test/ oneline
      >
      > %preprocess(data=rp,vars=&rvars1,bw=500,cut=2.5,shift=10)
      > run;
      >

      > /*---plots using time-of-flight on the x-axis---*/
      > symbol i=join r=20;
      > proc gplot data=rp1prep;
      >
      > Sorry for the rich text but I needed the highlight to show that it is
      > going to the first "proc" string it sees and goes to the gplot.

      Rich text? I only see plain text here...

      > Do I want to use a cluster? I have exhaustively read the doc (which I
      > am knowledgeable in regexp so it is hurting me), and have been playing
      > with a lot of different combinations. Any more suggestions would be
      > greatly appreciated.

      Hmm, the :syn region statements above should work. Did you do a :syn
      clear, or restart Vim, before trying out each of the above :syn region
      statements? Not doing so could cause previously-defined regions to
      match the text, before the ones you just entered even have a chance.

      As an aside, it's probably better and more efficient to use a single
      match, instead of the regions above, as in:

      :syn match sasProcGplot /proc\_s\+gplot/

      HTH,

      --
      Piet Delport
      Today's subliminal thought is: