the grave character

  • Baris Erbas
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
      I am using a turkish keyboard on a RedHat 8.0 system. I cannot get the
      grave character (the one looks like the single left quotation
      character) and it is vital to me. Does anybody know how to get it or
      define a keymap under vim (since I only need it for vim)? It is the
      character on the left of 1 on a UK or US keyboard.
      thx

      baris
    • Naveen Chandra
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
        > Hi,
        > I am using a turkish keyboard on a RedHat 8.0 system. I cannot get the
        > grave character (the one looks like the single left quotation
        > character) and it is vital to me. Does anybody know how to get it or
        > define a keymap under vim (since I only need it for vim)? It is the
        > character on the left of 1 on a UK or US keyboard.

        I suppose you are looking for (`) char.
        you can type this char in insert-mode with
        CTRL-K '!

        read :help 'digraph' and see :digraphs

        hth
        -ncr

        --
        Calvin: But Calvin is no kind and loving god! He's one of the
        old gods! He demands sacrifice!

        ---o0o---

        Naveen Chandra R
        Validation Technologies Group, PNP,
        Sun Microsystems,
        Bangalore, India.

        Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/ncr_10/
        Ph: 91-80-2298989, ext:27461

        ---o0o---
      • Baris Erbas
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
          yes thats what I was looking for..

          thx a lot

          On Monday 03 February 2003 12:35, you wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > > I am using a turkish keyboard on a RedHat 8.0 system. I cannot
          > > get the grave character (the one looks like the single left
          > > quotation character) and it is vital to me. Does anybody know
          > > how to get it or define a keymap under vim (since I only need it
          > > for vim)? It is the character on the left of 1 on a UK or US
          > > keyboard.
          >
          > I suppose you are looking for (`) char.
          > you can type this char in insert-mode with
          > CTRL-K '!
          >
          > read :help 'digraph' and see :digraphs
          >
          > hth
          > -ncr
        • Mikolaj Machowski
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
            On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 11:51:28AM +0200, Baris Erbas wrote:
            > Hi,
            > I am using a turkish keyboard on a RedHat 8.0 system. I cannot get the
            > grave character (the one looks like the single left quotation
            > character) and it is vital to me. Does anybody know how to get it or
            > define a keymap under vim (since I only need it for vim)? It is the
            > character on the left of 1 on a UK or US keyboard.

            Look through list produced by :digraph command.

            m.