RE: Syntax Question

  • Geoffrey Mann
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2003
      Thought I had tried this before sending mail but looks like this works:

      syn match sasProcGplot /proc/ nextgroup=gplot skipwhite
      syn match gplot /gplot/ contained

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
        On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 at 15:08:06 -0500, Geoffrey Mann wrote:
        > Piet,
        > Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, all 4 of the below lines give me the same response for the below text.
        > 1) syn region sasProcGplot start=/proc/ skipwhite end=/gplot/
        > 2) syn region sasProcGplot start=/proc/ skip=/\_s\+/ end=/gplot/
        > 3) syn region sasProcGplot start=/proc/ skip=/\_s/ end=/gplot/
        > 4) syn region sasProcGplot start=/proc/ end=/test/ oneline
        >
        > %preprocess(data=rp,vars=&rvars1,bw=500,cut=2.5,shift=10)
        > run;
        >

        > /*---plots using time-of-flight on the x-axis---*/
        > symbol i=join r=20;
        > proc gplot data=rp1prep;
        >
        > Sorry for the rich text but I needed the highlight to show that it is
        > going to the first "proc" string it sees and goes to the gplot.

        Rich text? I only see plain text here...

        > Do I want to use a cluster? I have exhaustively read the doc (which I
        > am knowledgeable in regexp so it is hurting me), and have been playing
        > with a lot of different combinations. Any more suggestions would be
        > greatly appreciated.

        Hmm, the :syn region statements above should work. Did you do a :syn
        clear, or restart Vim, before trying out each of the above :syn region
        statements? Not doing so could cause previously-defined regions to
        match the text, before the ones you just entered even have a chance.

        As an aside, it's probably better and more efficient to use a single
        match, instead of the regions above, as in:

        :syn match sasProcGplot /proc\_s\+gplot/

        HTH,