Mapping keypad keys (Linux)

  • Neil Bird
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2003
      Stock Redhat 8.0 vim; I started using the gvim (used to xterm
      vim/Win32 gvim) 'in anger' recently, and I've noticed that it seems
      incapable of distinguishing between 'normal' keys and keypad keys (e.g.,
      keypad 0/insert gives <Insert> not <KInsert>).

      Surely it should be able to? xev reports that the key codes are
      different; is this a redhat-ism, or have I got to do something special?

      --
      [neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
      [neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
        Around about 31/01/2003 09:04, Neil Bird typed ...
        > Stock Redhat 8.0 vim; I started using the gvim (used to xterm
        > vim/Win32 gvim) 'in anger' recently, and I've noticed that it seems
        > incapable of distinguishing between 'normal' keys and keypad keys (e.g.,
        > keypad 0/insert gives <Insert> not <KInsert>).

        Anyone?

        --
        [neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
        [neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature