yank over ssh

  • Matthias Trevarthan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2003
      Howdy list,

      I've noticed that the yank command will populate my KDE paste buffer
      when used on my local machine, but not when used over a network.

      Is there a way to make this work over an ssh connection?

      Do I have to run an Xserver on the other machine?

      Thanks.

      Matthias
    • Neil Bird
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
        Around about 29/01/2003 19:01, Matthias Trevarthan typed ...
        > I've noticed that the yank command will populate my KDE paste buffer
        > when used on my local machine, but not when used over a network.
        >
        > Is there a way to make this work over an ssh connection?

        Check your mappings (try "+y explicitely); is DISPLAY set rin the
        remote session? Does the remote vim have X support compiled in?

        Should be workable.

        --
        [neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
        [neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature