Re: Sig() function "project"

  • Luc Hermitte
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      Svartsjel,

      * On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 11:27:06PM +0100, svartsjel@... <svartsjel@...> wrote:
      > I wrote a function for automizing my signature proceeding.
      > [...]

      > At first, I intended to combine those two, resulting in one big super
      > macro looking for a signature, and replacing it with a new one.
      > If no signature can be found, one simply should be added.
      > Unfortunately, I didn't succeed with this, so I began writing a
      > function.

      Regarding the complexity of such a task, writing a function is the right
      approach.

      > As I'm still quite a beginner in vim customization, I immediately ran
      > into problems:

      You can also check what have already be done. Go to http://vim.sf.net/,
      and search for the various mail ftplugins that have been submitted.
      On the search page, enter "mail" in the field for searching vim
      scripts. You will found (among other scripts) :
      - Mail_Sig_set.vim (that I maintain)
      - and a wrapper for fortune [calling fortune from the MUA should also be
      possible and compatible with Mail_Sig_set]

      Install both into your {runtimepath}/ftplugin/mail/ directory.

      HTH,

      --
      Luc Hermitte
      http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/mail.php3

      PS: people not using '>' to quote emails may be interrested in the
      latest version of Mail_Sig_set that I haven't uploaded on SF yet.