Re: multibyte and 'encoding' and 'fileencoding'

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2003
      Benji Fisher <benji@...> wrote:
      [...]
      > Perhaps my :put command should also insert the 00E4 codepoint, the
      > same as <C-V>xE4 in Insert mode.

      That would, if done correctly, avoid putting invalid byte-sequences into
      UTF-8 files.

      > <later>
      > On another thread (multibyte in patterns) Bram suggests a new "\uab"
      > instead of "\xab". Maybe that is the way to go...

      I saw that message from Bram, and noticed a patch that went with it. I think
      it's a good idea; but since I lack a vim-compile facility, I shall wait
      until it is incorporated into a (supposedly stable) binary distribution. (At
      the moment I am using gvim 6.1.243 +win32 +ole.)