Re: Toggle 'modified' flag

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2003
      Klaus Bosau <kbosau@...> wrote:
      > On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:
      [...]
      > > I wonder wat caused buffer 3 (the current [NoFile] buffer) to be
      > > marked as modified. To see where it comes from, it might be
      > > instructive to do
      > >
      > > :verbose setlocal modified?
      > >
      > > in the buffer in question, with the question mark
      >
      > I entered
      >
      > set nomodified
      > verbose setlocal modified? (resp. set verbose=20)
      > redir! > c:\vim\log
      >
      > at the very bottom of the script, but 'log' didn't show any buffer
      > related information. The buffer in question however again has been
      > marked 'modified'.

      I meant you to type :verbose setlocal modified? yourself as a Vim command,
      not enter it into a script; and if you put it before the redir command, it
      won't be redirected, but its output (if any) will appear on the
      command-line. But apparently even if you get an answer it might be for a
      different buffer.

      > In the meantime I found out that scripts residing in the plugin/
      > directory (it's the default collection) cannot be responsible for this.
      > So I'm looking for a new candidate now. ":scrip" told me that it might
      > be one of these: "filetype.vim", "menu.vim", "syntax.vim",
      > "synload.vim", "syncolor.vim", "mail.vim"
      >
      > What do you think?
      >
      > Klaus

      I'm not sure what I should think. Maybe there is something pertinent to your
      case under :help local-options, just before the *:setl* helptag.

      Tony.
    • Klaus Bosau
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2003
        On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:

        > I meant you to type :verbose setlocal modified? yourself as a Vim
        > command, not enter it into a script;

        Sorry, maybe I misunderstood. I thought you wanted me to trace what
        happens after the script referred to is done.

        > and if you put it before the redir command, it won't be redirected,
        > but its output (if any) will appear on the command-line.

        Of course you're right. Must have messed it up when writing it down
        again. I took a look a few moments ago but the script showed me the
        right order... Sorry!

        > But apparently even if you get an answer it might be for a different
        > buffer.

        Well, I was interested in any kind of information related to this also
        cause I realized that restricting the answer on buffer related topics
        might be too strong.

        > I'm not sure what I should think. Maybe there is something pertinent
        > to your case under :help local-options, just before the *:setl*
        > helptag.

        Thanks! I'll take a look...

        Klaus