equivalent key to ~ for changing <,+

  • Eric Winger
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
      It would be neat to be able to change > to < & + to -, { to } etc with
      one keystroke. I'd vote for ~ to do this as it already is doing case
      changes. But i suspect that there is already something easy to do this.

      Eric

      --
      "A revolutionary programming paradigm that can replace what's
      supposed to be between one's ears is just another form of an ancient secret

      "Reinterpreting your experiences is very important in times of change. The reason is that as things change, we need to see if what we learned in the past is still applicable and relevant." - XP Questioned... Pete McBreen
    • Colin Keith
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
        On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:50:27PM -0800, Eric Winger wrote:
        > It would be neat to be able to change > to < & + to -, { to } etc with
        > one keystroke. I'd vote for ~ to do this as it already is doing case
        > changes. But i suspect that there is already something easy to do this.

        I don't know of anything to do this, but this works (for me:)

        function! Translate()
        let chr = getline('.')[col('.')-1]
        let nc = ''

        if (chr == '+') | let nc = '-'
        elseif(chr == '-') | let nc = '+'
        elseif(chr == '<') | let nc = '>'
        elseif(chr == '>') | let nc = '<'
        endif

        if(nc != '')
        execute 'normal r'. nc. '<C-R>'
        endif
        endfunction

        :nmap , :call Translate()<CR>

        .. I do have to wonder though. I mean, changing positive to negative and
        greater than to less than - sounds like you're re-auditing Worldcom :))

        Colin.
      • Eric Winger
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
          Colin Keith wrote:

          > .. I do have to wonder though. I mean, changing positive to negative and
          >greater than to less than - sounds like you're re-auditing Worldcom :))

          Actually i was just copy/pasting some range text (take a certain %
          above/below a text). ..... My Worldcom com code was more like:

          :%s/+/-/g

          Actually.. that's a good idea.. Anyone else have a good VIM commands for
          Worldcom or Enron?

          sorry no prizes for the best code, just peer recognition and knowledge
          that you don't work there. :)

          Eric -