Syntax+FileType+Indent in regions

  • Robin Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hi List,

      I've been lurking for a while, and I have a question.
      Is there any way to apply multiple different syntax highlighting schemes
      and indent systems to different parts of a file?

      For example, I do a lot of work with PHP, but if I use the PHP syntax
      highlighter + indenter, it does a very poor job with HTML and XML. So I
      would like it to use PHP syntax highlighting and indenting inside the
      PHP tags of '<?php' and '?>' but XML/HTML outside those tags. This needs
      to get extended a bit further, in that there are also chunks of
      CSS stylesheet code and JavaScript inside the HTML that it would be nice
      to have formatted with the correct syntax highlighting and indenting.

      At best, I can already get the regions that I want to be different
      compacted into folds with some complex expressions in fde with fdm=expr,
      so if there was then some way to specify syntax highlighting+indenting
      per fold, it would be great.

      Any suggestions on it ?

      --
      Robin Hugh Johnson