Re: Getting help on new plugin added?

  • Luc Hermitte
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hello,

      I didn't notice Soren posted on the ML ...
      So, I will add some precisions.

      * On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 05:34:39AM +0100, Oliver Fuchs <oliverfuchs1@...> wrote:
      > > (mail/mail_set.vim) and I wonder how to get help? There is some kind
      > > of help content written in the plugin iself. No external .txt help
      > > doc, so AFAIU there's no use in running :maketags is there? The
      > > plugin mentions something called "BuildHelp" as in
      > >

      > The mail_set.vim ftplugin should show you itself what it will do. For
      > example the mail.vim ftplugin does this:

      Actually, the mail_set is more than self-documented.
      For every mapping and abbreviation, there is a documentation easy to
      read for those who open the file. Actually, the documentation is passed
      as parameter to a command.
      Then, we can hit <C-F1> to see this documentation displayed while we
      are editing e-messages.

      Soren's problem comes from two things I forget to mention on my web
      site:
      - where to find the help.vim file
      - that I also provide a tarball with all my mail ftplugins and the files
      they rely on.

      --
      Luc Hermitte
      http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/