Modifying a colorscheme?

  • yahoogroups@vikas.mailshell.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
      I downloaded a nice colorscheme from vim.sf.net. I most of the colors it has,
      but I want to change the colors of a couple of highlight groups.

      Short of modifying $VIM/vimfiles/colors/foo.vim, how can I do this?

      I tried putting a file with my 2 modified HL groups in
      $VIM/vimfiles/after/colors/foo.vim, but it doesnt seem to get sourced.

      Thanks

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Piet Delport
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
        On Sun, 01 Dec 2002 at 05:56:02 -0800, yahoogroups@... wrote:

        > I downloaded a nice colorscheme from vim.sf.net. I most of the colors it has,
        > but I want to change the colors of a couple of highlight groups.
        >
        > Short of modifying $VIM/vimfiles/colors/foo.vim, how can I do this?
        >
        > I tried putting a file with my 2 modified HL groups in
        > $VIM/vimfiles/after/colors/foo.vim, but it doesnt seem to get sourced.

        :colorscheme only loads the first file it finds. If you really don't
        want to edit the original, make a file named something like
        colors/foo_mod.vim, which sources foo.vim and then applies your changes.

        --
        Piet Delport
        Today's subliminal thought is:
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
          Piet Delport wrote:
          > On Sun, 01 Dec 2002 at 05:56:02 -0800, yahoogroups@... wrote:
          >
          >>I downloaded a nice colorscheme from vim.sf.net. I most of the colors it has,
          >>but I want to change the colors of a couple of highlight groups.
          >>
          >>Short of modifying $VIM/vimfiles/colors/foo.vim, how can I do this?
          >>
          >>I tried putting a file with my 2 modified HL groups in
          >>$VIM/vimfiles/after/colors/foo.vim, but it doesnt seem to get sourced.
          >

          > :colorscheme only loads the first file it finds. If you really don't
          > want to edit the original, make a file named something like
          > colors/foo_mod.vim, which sources foo.vim and then applies your changes.

          I think that

          :runtime! colors/foo.vim

          with :source both copies of foo.vim . I would probably use Piet
          Delport's solution, though.

          HTH --Benji Fisher