CTRL-Tab to switch buffers in MRU order

  • Yanick Chenard
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2002

      Would it be possible to make CTRL-Tab switch buffers
      as is customary in Windows e.i.: while you keep CTRL
      pressed, pressing Tab cycles through the most recent
      buffers; releasing CTRL brings the current buffer to
      the top of the MRU stack.

      I wonder how one could know that the CTRL key is being
      pressed.

      Any idea? Thanks

    • Sylvain Viart
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2002
        Hi Yanick,

        Yanick Chenard wrote:

        > Would it be possible to make CTRL-Tab switch buffers
        > as is customary in Windows e.i.:

        :nmap <c-tab> :bu #<cr>

        map ctrl+tab to switch between the current and the previous
        buffer. Does it do what you want ?

        Some reference that may help you in your quest :

        :he nmap
        :he :bu
        :he <>
        :he :ls
        :he windows

        A script which may do what you want:
        http://vim.sourceforge.net/script.php?script_id=42

        Hope that helps,
        --
        - Sylvain Viart -
        - Blainville - Canada -
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
          Hello Sylvain,

          > Hi Yanick,

          > Yanick Chenard wrote:
          >>
          >> Would it be possible to make CTRL-Tab switch buffers
          >> as is customary in Windows e.i.:
          >>

          > :nmap <c-tab> :bu #<cr>

          > map ctrl+tab to switch between the current and the previous
          > buffer. Does it do what you want ?

          [...]

          > Hope that helps,

          It certainly does ... I believe this variation does specifically what
          the OP asked...

          :nmap <c-tab> :bn<cr>

          David
          mailto:davidgoggin@...