Enabling python via configure

  • Stahlman Family
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2002
      Hello,
      I'm somewhat new to compiling Vim, and although I can get it to compile,
      I'm having trouble tailoring the feature set via configure. Specifically, I
      ran configure as follows:

      ./configure --enable-gui=yes --disable-perlinterp --enable-pythoninterp

      When I looked in auto/config.h (which appears to be the file in which the
      specified features are defined), I saw that although the perl feature was
      enabled, the python one was not. Is there something else that needs to be
      enabled for python to work? I know I probably need to specify the python
      directory somewhere, but I would have thought that at least config.h would
      reflect the --enable-pythoninterp, even if it didn't work at runtime.

      I guess what I'm missing here, is some documentation on what, exactly, the
      files configure, config.in, config.mk, etc..., actually do. I found very
      little documentation on this. The help docs mention the use of configure and
      the options that can be passed to it, but don't say exactly what configure
      does with those options. Perhaps a general overview, or a link to one, would
      be helpful.

      Thanks,
      Brett S.