Aligning mis-aligned fields

  • Hari Krishna Dara
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      I am trying to use Align script for formatting some output that looks like
      this:

      aaa bbbbb cc ddddddddd
      0 1 2 3

      into:

      aaa bbbbb cc ddddddddd
      0 1 2 3

      Is this possible? I am having hard time figuring this out. If Align can't do
      this, what is the other way of doing this? I will apreciate any kind of help.

      Thanks a lot,
      Hari

      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
      http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
    • Charles E. Campbell
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
        On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 07:10:08PM -0800, Hari Krishna Dara wrote:
        > I am trying to use Align script for formatting some output that looks like
        > this:
        >
        > aaa bbbbb cc ddddddddd
        > 0 1 2 3
        >
        > into:
        >
        > aaa bbbbb cc ddddddddd
        > 0 1 2 3

        Use the \tsp map (part of <AlignMaps.vim>). You may wish to manually
        delete the leading white space in front of the zero; otherwise the blank
        will be treated as a separator following a zero-length field.

        Regards,
        C Campbell

        --
        Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD _ __ __