Re: :popup not available in this version

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
      Preben Randhol wrote:

      > Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote on 01/11/2002 (17:43) :
      > >
      > > The ":popup" command is only supported on Win32. I'll add a remark in
      > > the docs, it's not very clear about this.
      >
      > Ah I see. No I only saw a reference to win32-hide or something like
      > that. I don't know how this works in windows, I'll check, but I guess
      > that the reason it is not in the GTK version is that it is not
      > implemented and not because it cannot be done?

      No, ":popup" can't be done on systems other than MS-Windows.

      (actually, I think it can, but the best way to motivate someone to
      implement this is by saying it can't be done 8-)

      --
      Veni, Vidi, VW -- I came, I saw, I drove around in a little car.

    • Steve Hall
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
        From: "Bram Moolenaar" <Bram@...>

        > No, ":popup" can't be done on systems other than MS-Windows.
        >
        > (actually, I think it can, but the best way to motivate someone to
        > implement this is by saying it can't be done 8-)

        Ok, so what will I have to offer somebody to get them to code this for
        GTK by v6.2? ;)

        I had just started designing a fancy function(argument) completion
        thingy (you know, like all the IDEs have) when I read this. :( I sure
        hope somebody steps up to the challenge because I'm gonna hate doing
        this with window buffers!

        Steve Hall [ digitect@... ]