Re: :popup not available in this version

  • Preben Randhol
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
      Colin Keith <vim@...> wrote on 01/11/2002 (17:43) :
      > Are you sure that your problem is not related to this description of Popup
      > Menus?
      >
      > "5.8 Popup Menus
      >
      > In the win32 gui, you can cause a menu to popup at the cursor."

      Well the point is that I did:

      :h :popup

      and the first line of the buffer then shows is:

      *:popup* *:popu*

      I didn't think to go up in the buffer as I was expecting the help to be
      below this point. Perhaps it would be better if the *:popup* *:popu* was
      simply moved to the:

      5.8 Popup Menus

      line :-)

      --
      Preben Randhol ---------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
      Just vim it.
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
        Preben Randhol wrote:

        > Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote on 01/11/2002 (17:43) :
        > >
        > > The ":popup" command is only supported on Win32. I'll add a remark in
        > > the docs, it's not very clear about this.
        >
        > Ah I see. No I only saw a reference to win32-hide or something like
        > that. I don't know how this works in windows, I'll check, but I guess
        > that the reason it is not in the GTK version is that it is not
        > implemented and not because it cannot be done?

        No, ":popup" can't be done on systems other than MS-Windows.

        (actually, I think it can, but the best way to motivate someone to
        implement this is by saying it can't be done 8-)

        --
        Veni, Vidi, VW -- I came, I saw, I drove around in a little car.

      • Steve Hall
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
          From: "Bram Moolenaar" <Bram@...>

          > No, ":popup" can't be done on systems other than MS-Windows.
          >
          > (actually, I think it can, but the best way to motivate someone to
          > implement this is by saying it can't be done 8-)

          Ok, so what will I have to offer somebody to get them to code this for
          GTK by v6.2? ;)

          I had just started designing a fancy function(argument) completion
          thingy (you know, like all the IDEs have) when I read this. :( I sure
          hope somebody steps up to the challenge because I'm gonna hate doing
          this with window buffers!

          Steve Hall [ digitect@... ]