Re: Patched (6.1.245) Windows gVim

  • Dan Sharp
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 30, 2002
      >From: "Xiangjiang Ma" <maxiangjiang@...>
      >
      >I have tried it, and successfully, except one bad thing.
      >
      >1. Dan's instruction is good. We have to edit the make file
      > and uncommented those lines in order for making gvim.exe
      >
      >2. That links to mingw(?), thus no need for cygwin.dll
      >
      >3. gvim.exe can be built, and run from within cygwin csh, and
      > nothing wrong out there.
      >
      >4. However, if you double click gvim.exe, then you will
      > always find another console window running in addition
      > to the normal gvim windows. That is annoying.
      >
      >5. A perfect solution including fix above bug, plus an option
      > to build GUI, so that we don't need change the make file.
      >
      >6. One more, it is great to use cygwin cvs to checkout source
      > codes and then do make.

      Hi! Actually, last week I sent out an updated Make_cyg.mak file to the dev
      list for testing that addresses your concerns. You can find comments about
      the makefile at:
      and zipped copy of the makefile to download attached to the message
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vimdev/message/30156

      With the new makefile, you can add GUI=yes to your make command line to
      build gvim without editing the makefile. It also adds the -mwindows option
      when linking gvim so that you no longer get the useless console window when
      starting gvim.

      Give it a try and tell me if it works for you.

      Dan Sharp