truncation of statusline %F variable

  • Paul J

      Dear fellow vim users,

      I am working on files that are deeply nested within dirs that are, at
      times, more than 100 chars.

      I have the following statusline:

      set statusline=%h%r%(%m%F%)%=%10.10l\ of\ %L,%-4.10c\ \ %p%%

      With long dir names, %F is truncated even if the terminal is wide
      enough. Even if I set a minimum of 50 chars on %F I still get truncation
      (so I assume it can't be a default value in my mind). What I would like
      is for %F to expand to occupy as much space as it requires, subject to
      the minimum and maximum constraint on the right aligned text.

      Can anyone help out here? Many thanks,

      Paul
      - --
      Department of Computing, Imperial College London
      http://myitcv.org.uk/
    • Paul J

        >I have the following statusline:
        >
        >set statusline=%h%r%(%m%F%)%=%10.10l\ of\ %L,%-4.10c\ \ %p%%
        >
        >With long dir names, %F is truncated even if the terminal is wide
        >enough. Even if I set a minimum of 50 chars on %F I still get truncation
        >(so I assume it can't be a default value in my mind). What I would like
        >is for %F to expand to occupy as much space as it requires, subject to
        >the minimum and maximum constraint on the right aligned text.

        I haven't solved the problem, but for now I have modified the status
        line to use %f as opposed to %F, and now use :pwd on demand. Having the
        complete path displayed would be nice though :-)

        Kind regards,

        Paul
        - --