Re: almost there

  • Alan G Isaac
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:00:53 -0600 "C. Porter Bassett" <cporter@...> wrote:
      > map <A-v> ggO<C-v><Esc>VG<Exc>xggVG<Esc>

      Perhaps I have not understood your goal here,
      but if I have how about
      :nmap <A-v> ggdG"*P

      Alan Isaac
    • Bouvier,Cedric,VEVEY,GL-IS/IT
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
        Some setups have it so that the vi selection goes immediately to the GUI
        clipboard. i.e., dG would crush the "* register before it gets a chance of
        being pasted. You can avoid this by explicitly delete to the blackhole
        register ("_)

        :nmap <A-v> gg"_dG"*P

        --Cedric