Re: paste problems

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
      > When I paste the same in pico I get proper results.
      > What must be the problem? I use mouse to cut and paste text.

      are you pasting with vi in insert mode? Pasting in command mode does
      screwy stuff ;)

      -tim
    • Jussi Ekholm
      • Derek Wyatt
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
          assuming that your config file looks like asdsadassadassadsa and you're
          only complaining about the indents...

          set paste

          :h paste
          :h nopaste
          :h pastetoggle

          On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 11:51:20PM +0530, PayalR wrote:
          | Hi all,
          | Usually I have to paste parts of big config files from one terminal to
          | another which has vi running.
          | When I paste it, the lines are pasted anyhow like this,
          | asas
          | as
          | asdsadassadassadsa
          | asdasxzzcxasas
          | ssadasdsadsafasfa
          | #asfdasfaf
          | etc.
          |
          | When I paste the same in pico I get proper results.
          | What must be the problem? I use mouse to cut and paste text.
          | Thanks a lot and bye.
          | -Payal

          Derek Quinn Wyatt | Phone: (905) 886-7818 ext. 2313
          Syndesis Engineering | Fax: (905) 886-9076
          Toronto, Ontario, CAN | Email: wyatt@...
          "Information about package holidays on the FrogStar are
          available in the leaflet, 'Sun, Sand and Suffering on the
          most totally evil place in the galaxy'"
        • Tim Chase
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
            > > > When I paste the same in pico I get proper results.
            > > > What must be the problem? I use mouse to cut and paste text.
            > >
            > > are you pasting with vi in insert mode? Pasting in command mode does
            > > screwy stuff ;)
            >
            > yes I am pasting in insert mode.

            You happen to have any funky control characters in the source text that
            might be causing trouble? You may also want to check out :he paste

            -tim