RE: Slightly OT: iSpell for win32?

  • Aldrich, Timothy
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30 7:57 AM

      I use aspell http://aspell.sf.net

      > I've decided to just spell check my text files outside of vim.
      >
      > Thanks very much, this is a great list!
      >

      > Christopher J. Meisenzahl CPS, CSTE
      > Senior Software Testing Consultant
      > Spherion
      > christopher.j.meisenzahl@...

      This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain sensitive and private proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each legal entity in the CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON or CREDIT SUISSE ASSET MANAGEMENT business units of CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.
      Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is indicative only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to deal at any price quoted. Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.
    • Alan G Isaac
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:57:30 -0400 "Aldrich, Timothy" <timothy.aldrich@...> wrote:
        > I use aspell http://aspell.sf.net

        So is
        http://aspell.sourceforge.net/old.html
        a warning, a slap at the old aspell, a claim
        that spelling does not matter absolutly
        after all, or what? ;-)

        Alan Isaac

        PS I actually suspect it reflects the following:
        "Unfortunately, Kevin Atkinson, the sole maintainer of GNU
        Aspell has very little time to maintain and develop future
        versions of Aspell. Thus, he is desperately looking for
        someone to help with the maintenance and development of
        Aspell. A lot of tasks need to be done before Kevin will
        consider Aspell complete, but without some outside help GNU
        Aspell will probably never make it."