Slightly OT: iSpell for win32?

  • christopher.j.meisenzahl@citicorp.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
      Sorry if this has been posted and I missed it. What are some good sources for
      iSpell for win32 binaries? Anything better?

      I've decided to just spell check my text files outside of vim.

      Thanks very much, this is a great list!

      Christopher J. Meisenzahl CPS, CSTE
      Senior Software Testing Consultant
      Spherion
      christopher.j.meisenzahl@...
    • Aldrich, Timothy
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002

        I use aspell http://aspell.sf.net

        > I've decided to just spell check my text files outside of vim.
        >
        > Thanks very much, this is a great list!
        >

        > Christopher J. Meisenzahl CPS, CSTE
        > Senior Software Testing Consultant
        > Spherion
        > christopher.j.meisenzahl@...

        This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain sensitive and private proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each legal entity in the CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON or CREDIT SUISSE ASSET MANAGEMENT business units of CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.
        Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is indicative only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to deal at any price quoted. Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.
      • Alan G Isaac
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
          On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:57:30 -0400 "Aldrich, Timothy" <timothy.aldrich@...> wrote:
          > I use aspell http://aspell.sf.net

          So is
          http://aspell.sourceforge.net/old.html
          a warning, a slap at the old aspell, a claim
          that spelling does not matter absolutly
          after all, or what? ;-)

          Alan Isaac

          PS I actually suspect it reflects the following:
          "Unfortunately, Kevin Atkinson, the sole maintainer of GNU
          Aspell has very little time to maintain and develop future
          versions of Aspell. Thus, he is desperately looking for
          someone to help with the maintenance and development of
          Aspell. A lot of tasks need to be done before Kevin will
          consider Aspell complete, but without some outside help GNU
          Aspell will probably never make it."