Re: Spell Checking for VIM?

  • Erik Christiansen
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 30, 2002
      On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 08:18:31AM -0400, christopher.j.meisenzahl@... wrote:
      > Is there any kind of plugin for VIM that performs spell checking? Has anyone
      > accomplished this a better way?

      Better? Dunno. Different? Yes.

      My preference, after many years of use is still:

      !!spell # Spell check a single line.

      !}spell # Spell check a paragraph.

      This avoids all that highlighting stuff, by replacing the nominated
      text with the list of misspelled words. Undo to retrieve the original
      text, and make any necessary corrections.

      It's even a minor memory test, at no extra cost. :-)

      (Mind you, on debian woody, spell -b seems to require a "-" in order
      to wait for input on stdin.)

      Regards,
      Erik