Re: BSDi compilation problem (vim61)

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2002
      Matthias Trevathan wrote:

      > I'm running BSDI BSD/OS 4.1
      >
      > I get this output when I try to compile VIM. Can anyone point me in the right
      > direction to getting this compiled?
      >
      > I'm running:
      >
      > GNU Make version 3.75
      > egcs-2.91.66
      >
      > Compile output:
      [...]
      > gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -o
      > objects/os_unix.o os_unix.c
      > os_unix.c: In function `init_signal_stack':
      > os_unix.c:667: structure has no member named `ss_sp'
      > gmake: *** [objects/os_unix.o] Error 1
      > Exit 2
      >

      > Any ideas? Thanks!

      Try applying patch 6.1.089:

      Patch 6.1.089
      Problem: On BSDI systems there is no ss_sp field in stack_t. (Robert Jan)
      Solution: Use ss_base instead.
      Files: src/auto/configure, src/configure.in, src/config.h.in,
      src/os_unix.c

      --
      WOMAN: Well, 'ow did you become king then?
      ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake, [angels sing] her arm clad in the purest

    • Matthias Trevarthan
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2002
        I am a C/C++ programmer, but I'm from the Visual C++ world originally.

        Is there a patching program I can download that understands this patch file
        format?

        Otherwise, is there an FAQ I can read that will explain all the different
        symbols?

        Thanks.

        Matthias

        On Tuesday 03 September 2002 16:33, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > Matthias Trevathan wrote:
        > > I'm running BSDI BSD/OS 4.1
        > >
        > > I get this output when I try to compile VIM. Can anyone point me in the
        > > right direction to getting this compiled?
        > >
        > > I'm running:
        > >
        > > GNU Make version 3.75
        > > egcs-2.91.66
        > >
        > > Compile output:
        >
        > [...]
        >
        > > gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/include -g -O2
        > > -o objects/os_unix.o os_unix.c
        > > os_unix.c: In function `init_signal_stack':
        > > os_unix.c:667: structure has no member named `ss_sp'
        > > gmake: *** [objects/os_unix.o] Error 1
        > > Exit 2
        > >

        > > Any ideas? Thanks!
        >
        > Try applying patch 6.1.089:
        >
        > Patch 6.1.089
        > Problem: On BSDI systems there is no ss_sp field in stack_t. (Robert
        > Jan) Solution: Use ss_base instead.
        > Files: src/auto/configure, src/configure.in, src/config.h.in,
        > src/os_unix.c
      • David Fishburn
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
          When I started down this road, I was told to forget patches and use CVS.
          I did that and I had it all up and running patched in no time flat.

          I suspect CVS exists for BSD as well, but I never use Unix.

          http://vim.sourceforge.net/download.php
          Then follow the Vim from CVS link.

          Dave

          I am a C/C++ programmer, but I'm from the Visual C++ world originally.

          Is there a patching program I can download that understands this patch
          file
          format?

          Otherwise, is there an FAQ I can read that will explain all the
          different
          symbols?

          Thanks.

          Matthias

          On Tuesday 03 September 2002 16:33, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > Matthias Trevathan wrote:
          > > I'm running BSDI BSD/OS 4.1
          > >
          > > I get this output when I try to compile VIM. Can anyone point me in
          > > the right direction to getting this compiled?
          > >
          > > I'm running:
          > >
          > > GNU Make version 3.75
          > > egcs-2.91.66
          > >
          > > Compile output:
          >
          > [...]
          >
          > > gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/include -g -O2

          > > -o objects/os_unix.o os_unix.c
          > > os_unix.c: In function `init_signal_stack':
          > > os_unix.c:667: structure has no member named `ss_sp'
          > > gmake: *** [objects/os_unix.o] Error 1
          > > Exit 2
          > >

          > > Any ideas? Thanks!
          >
          > Try applying patch 6.1.089:
          >
          > Patch 6.1.089
          > Problem: On BSDI systems there is no ss_sp field in stack_t.
          (Robert
          > Jan) Solution: Use ss_base instead.
          > Files: src/auto/configure, src/configure.in,
          src/config.h.in,
          > src/os_unix.c
        • Matthias Trevarthan
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
            Unfortunately, that didn't work so well for me:

            cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@...:80/cvsroot/vim
            checkout vim

            cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to cvs-pserver.sourceforge.net:2401 failed:
            Connection refused
            Exit 1

          • David Fishburn
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
              Hmm, I used this and it works for me on my windows machine:
              anonymous@...:/cvsroot/vim

              Maybe you can try it.

              Unfortunately, that didn't work so well for me:

              cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@...:80/cvsroot/vim
              checkout vim

              cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to cvs-pserver.sourceforge.net:2401
              failed:
              Connection refused
              Exit 1

              On Wednesday 04 September 2002 09:21, David Fishburn wrote:
              > When I started down this road, I was told to forget patches and use
              > CVS. I did that and I had it all up and running patched in no time
              > flat.
              >
              > I suspect CVS exists for BSD as well, but I never use Unix.
              >
              > http://vim.sourceforge.net/download.php
              > Then follow the Vim from CVS link.
              >
              > Dave

            • Matthias Trevarthan
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
                This works for me on UNIX:

                cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/vim co vim

                On Wednesday 04 September 2002 09:47, David Fishburn wrote:
                > Hmm, I used this and it works for me on my windows machine:
                > anonymous@...:/cvsroot/vim
                >
                > Maybe you can try it.

              • Matthias Trevarthan
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
                  Hey, neat.

                  Vim compiles and runs flawlessly on my BSDi machine using the CVS version.

                  Thanks everyone!