Re: [Q] Lazy startup of vim

  • Matt Kunze
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2002
      최공훈 wrote:
      > I compiled vim 6.1 on Solaris 2.8
      > I didn't change configuration except for "--prefix".
      >
      > After compiling vim , when I run vim, it took about 7~10 seconds to start up.
      > Why dose it take a long time ?

      my bet would be that this is an x windows timeout. try:

      $ DISPLAY='' vim

      or the like for your shell. i think this is because vim attempts to
      contact x for the clipboard. someone posted a message about a
      commandline switch to turn this off a couple of weeks ago

      --

      .o0O0o.__.o0O0o.__.o0O0o.__.o0O0o.__.o0O0o.__.o0O0o.__.o0O0o.
      | Matt Kunze There is a fine line |