Re: Subject : creating helptags

  • Luc Hermitte
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2002
      Hi,

      On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 07:31:35PM -0500, Mark Khemma <mkhemma@...> wrote:
      > So basically my question is: If i created/open a file of a specific
      > filetype, can i block the default help tags and only have the help
      > tags which are specific to my filetype? can i redirect the :help
      > function to look into another folder and use that tag file?

      With my C/C++ ftplugins, I have dropped the help files into my
      $$/ftplugin/c/doc/ directory.
      Then, when I'm entering C or C++ buffers, I extend the runtimepath to
      contain $$/ftplugin/c.
      It is a kind of dirty trick, but at least when I'm not coding in C or
      C++, the corresponding tags are not loaded.

      However, once in a C/C++ buffer, my new tags are mixed with other tags.
      Hence, there can have conflicts.

      --
      Luc Hermitte