How do i: vim to view Outlook msg attached files?

  • Tom Mahoney
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2002
      How do i:

      use vim to look at Microsoft Outlook (email msg) attached files?

      platform:

      MS Windows 2000
      Microsoft Outlook for email
      I get an email msg with files attached,
      I want to look at the files without saving them and then re-opening.
      I tried cubiclevim
      I tried setting vim as the editor for all file types
      I get the error msg (dialog box): "The system cannot find the path
      specified."

      Thanks in advance,
      tm
    • Juan Lanus
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2002
        I've never used Outlook, but I'd try by changing file associations in
        Windows.
        For example I want to open *.TXT files with vim.
        I do the following:
        1- select a .TXT file
        2- Right-click it while pressing shift
        3- Select "Open with" in the menu
        4- Brouse to gvim, select it, check "use always ...", accept
        After, all .TXT files will be opened by vim (as it should be :-) ) into
        and outside of Outlook
        Sorry it I too basic, just wanting to be clear.

        Saludos!
        Juan Lanus
        TECNOSOL
        Argentina